Friday, April 1, 2016

Fab Friday #84

As our seasons continue to transition from one to the other we are left in its wake to try to figure out how to dress every morning ... I have everything from capri pants and skirts on with sandals to full-length jeans with boots, socks and sweaters (not to mention the scarves to keep our necks warm!)!  I actually love spring rain (and snow!) ... the temps stay nice and low and are ideal for running/walking/hiking outside!!!

This card just makes me happy beCAUSE it looks like spring to me ... such a happy time of year with so much hope.  The flowers peeking their heads out in my yard and the yards of my neighbors sure do brighten our neighborhood!

Stamps: Hello Love
Paper: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, So Saffron, Whisper White (some retired Pool Party and So Saffron DSP)
Ink: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, So Saffron, Basic Black
Accessories: Tree Builder Punch, Circles Framelits Dies, Word Window Punch, Pool Party 1/4" Cotton Ribbon, Mini Stapler, Large Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Project Life Corner Rounder Punch, Chevron Textured Impressions Embossing Folder






I have ALWAYS loved this color combo together ... and I have used it many times!  It's fresh and clean and bright and fun!








Here's a link to the Fab Friday Challenge Blog so you can play along:

Fab Friday Challenge Blog

Check out the Fab blogs of my fellow Fab Friends:

Mindy Backes
Cindy Beach
Heather Heroldt
Brian King
Amy Koenders
Justin Krieger
Amanda Mertz
Brenda Myers
Jan Tinklenberg

Smiley from Millan.NetAs I am getting closer and closer to going to China to, a-hem, "run" a marathon on the Great Wall of China, I am not only getting more and more excited ... but more and more NERVOUS.  Today I ran three miles up to the University of Utah to their Behavioral Sciences Building ... it has 14 flights of stairs in there, people!! I have been struggling to find a place with a tall building where I would be allowed to run the stairs ... but as so many "skyscraper"-types of office buildings now have security in the lobbies and locks on their stairwells, I haven't been having much luck!!! Today I SCORED!!! So ... it was 14 flights UP to the top of the building (that's 250 steps for all y'all that want to know), which also means it is 14 flights DOWN those same 250 steps.  I did that go-round TEN times (yeah ... that basically means I went up and down 5,000 total steps!!)  Then I ran the three miles back to my house.  I guess the reason I'm telling you this (and it's NOT to brag!) is that I actually DID it (without falling, I might add) ... AND I felt pretty dang good afterwards ... not even sore as the day is closing and I'm sitting here typing my blog post.  I guess my friend who has also been my fantabulous running coach knows what in the heck she is doing!!! Thanks, Heather (and Norlando and Allie ... my cheering squad)!!! You are ze BEST!!! I'm starting to think maybe I WON'T die on the Great Wall of China ... I just hope I FINISH!!!!

 photo blogsignature_zpsakee3ogk.png

2 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

When my hubs and I went to China with some friends, we did the 5K part of the Great Wall Marathon (which our tour guide always pronounced "Marfon") and out of curiosity, we counted the stairs on the 5K course. It was about 1,000 steps up and 1,600 steps down--I wrote it down in my little trip notebook :) Good luck to you on the marfon!

Amanda Mertz said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with problems with clothes lately! My closet is a disaster area with piles of "seasons" every where because I can't put winter away yet as it seems to keep peeking its head out every few days or so! Such a cute card and I just love that little bird! Your layers create such a nice scene. Good luck on your training....your running stairs reminds me of running bleachers in high school and I was always worried I would eat it and tumble down to the bottom! TFS!