Sunday, February 7, 2016

Monday Montage #62

I just got back from Wis-CAHN-sen ... Had such a GREAT time!! (And before any of y'all ask, I was there with my hubby doing some training for EAA Officers - Experimental Aircraft Association - my husband's version of Stamp Club). It was COLD (it's a whole different type of cold there!)! Talk about your Midwestern accents!!! We made MANY new friends and there may or may NOT have been a peanut fight in the local Texas Roadhouse Restaurant ... but I digress ... we stayed in a GREAT lodge. There was a fireplace and a HUGE window looking out over the beautiful snow and hangars at the Oshkosh airport ... made me wish SO BADLY that I had my stampin' supplies with me ... and about a WHOLE WEEK of uninterrupted time with nowhere to go and nothing to do!!! I could have made Monday Montage cards that would have lasted me for MONTHS!!!

Once I had some time this afternoon to play with my "stuffs" I just sat ... and sat ... and sat ... nothin'!!! My mojo, alas, must have been left in Oshkosh yet!!! (I LOVED how so many sentences spoken by my new Midwestern friends ended with the word "yet" ... not quite sure what it means but it's fun to say it!)

I have a little grandnephew AND a little second cousin who BOTH turned ONE in the past few weeks. I am behind on my birthday card mailings this year, so I decided to do a TWOfer with this particular card. Wink of Stella Brush??? It's my new love!!! SO much prettier in person than in is in a photo!! I sent a preliminary photo to my bestie, Cheryl, when I had finished to see what she thought of these (like, none of you EVER do that???). She said they looked like "Cat in the Hat" cards, so I'm going with that!!!

Stamps: NONE!!
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Fresh Prints DSP (Retired)
Ink: NONE!
Accessories: Party Pop-Up Thinlits Dies, Large Numbers Framelits Dies, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Banner Punch, Large Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Bermuda Bay 1/8" Stitched Ribbon, Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim, Silver Sequin Trim, Wink of Stella Brush

And I DID go running whilst in the land of the Midwest ... one morning I got up and ran in the dark and cold. Since we stayed on the airport property I had lots of beautiful things to look at. At one point I was running down the road toward the control tower and all I could think of was that I KNEW there were people up there who could see me ... a lone runner out on a snowy road ... and I just PRAYED that I wouldn't fall and make a fool of myself!!! (I didn't!!) WHEW!!

Click "Back" for Melissa Stout and "Next" for Amy O'Neill ... beautiful, wonderful, amazing and FUN stuff from these ladies!!


 photo blogsignature_zpsakee3ogk.png

2 comments:

Amy O said...

These are Super (had to throw in a Wisconsin word for you)! I love the bright colors and fun details. Glad you had a fun trip!

Judi said...

Are you sure it wasn't, yah? Course I'm a Minnesotan😊