Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Happy Stripes!

'Tis the season ... fa-la-la-la-laaaaaa ... yeah ... I DON'T mean Christmas!!! It's "tax season" for me!! Actually, it's "tax season" for my accountant! We file our business/corporate taxes every year on September 15 (and "corporate" makes a little family-owned-and-operated thing sound HUGE ... which we are NOT ... but I digress ...) I've been busily crunching numbers and running MILES of calculator tape trying to get things done so I can be ready to file on time ... ugh ... which is why I have neglected being here this week!!

Coastal Cabana ... such a DELICIOUS color!!! It is the color that finally filled in the void for me where "Cool Caribbean" used to be! Oh, how I loved THAT color!!!

I made this card for my Free for All Challenge over on SCS (Splitcoaststampers) last Friday. My challenge was to make something "stripe-y" ... and this is what I came up with. (True confession ... this was also one of my Convention Display Board samples. I still have a few of those up my sleeve!!

Stamps: Endless Birthday Wishes
Paper: Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Color Collections DSP
Ink: Coastal Cabana
Accessories: 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Extra Large Oval Punch, 1 1/4" Square Punch, Large Scallop Edgelits Die, Little Letters Framelits Dies, Gold Sequin Trim, Beach House Washi Tape

I guess I need to go chain myself back to a desk with a sharp pencil, eraser and the adding machine again. WorkWorkWork!! But TONIGHT I'm having my first Stampin' Up Project Life Class!! Sooooo very excited about THAT!!! I'll post some pictures for ya real soon to show you what we made!!

Have a fabulous day!

 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

No comments: