Saturday, July 19, 2014

Freakin' Swappin' - Convention 2014!!


CONVENTION!!! Oh.My.WORD!!! It has been a crazy-busy-exhausting-fun-exhilarating week!!! And one of the HIGHLIGHTS from being at Convention was doing a SWAP with my Control-Freaky Friends!! OH how I LOVE to see them!!! Didn't you just LOVELOVELOVE Cindy Elam's beautiful swap cards??? She is a Blendabilities WIZARD!!

I really like "fussy cutting" ... and sometimes I FORGET that when I am designing a "swap" card that I'm gonna hafta cut EVERYthing LOTS of times ... yeah ... like the clouds on this card!!! (I kept thinking about Bob Ross' "happy clouds" while making these!!). And the suns, too!! I really think I NEED some framelits to go with the clouds and sun ... just sayin' ...

Stamps: Think Happy, Hello Love
Paper: Pool Party, So Saffron, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Vellum
Ink: Pool Party, So Saffron, Early Espresso
Accessories: On Film Framelits, 3/4" Circle Punch, Spiral Border Punch, Gold Sequin Trim, Large Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Font: Thirsty Script

It took me a long while to catch the "vision" with the "Postage Due" stamps. Don't really know WHY exactly ... but I seem to be OBSESSED with these little stamps. And yeah ... adding me some butterflies just kinda seems obligatory for me from time to time ...

Stamps: Postage Due, Wetlands
Paper: Crumb Cake, Blackberry Bliss, Very Vanilla, Typeset DSP, Vellum
Ink: Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Hardwood Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, 1 1/4" Square Punch, Postage Punch, Venetian Crochet Trim, Burlap Ribbon, Banners Framelits, Sewing Machine

And now I'm gonna wax all mushy and stuff ... can I just say what a BLESSING these "freaky" friends have been in my life??? Makes my heart SO very full and happy to be able to spend a little time with them "in person" as I swap hugs and cards with them at Convention. They truly are AMAZING ... not only with their talent, but with their friendship and kindness as well. I freakin' LOVE them ALL!!

Moving on to the ever-amazing Patty Bennett next!! Not only were her swap cards GORGEOUS, but she was ROCK STAR at Convention this week ... a Top 10 Achiever again this year (in more than one area!!)!! Soooo proud of her!!


 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great cards. I especially like the Postage due card.