Friday, April 4, 2014

Flat & Fabulous Freaky Swap!

Happy Friday, Ladies and Gents!!! Today I am sharing a card that I made for the most recent Control Freaks Swap (it was called Flat and Fabulous ... the challenge was to make a card that didn't have a lot of BULK or DOO-DAHS that would make it chunky for mailing). We got a LOT of GORGEOUS samples ... this is the one I submitted. I also used this for today's Free for All challenge over on SCS. I actually called the challenge "Tone On Tone", challenging the participants to use at least TWO layers directly on top of one another that were the same color ... I like the dimension it adds when we do this ...

I am kinda LOVING making little butterfly bodies with staples ... I KNOW that this has been done by LOTS and LOTS of crafty peeps for a VERY long time. I didn't used to like it ... at ALL. But now I kinda LOVE how perfect the staples are for this particular function ... I think staples were MADE to be butterfly bodies on all things crafty!!!

Stamps: Postage Due, Off the Grid, Gorgeous Grunge, Itty Bitty Banners
Paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Etcetera DSP
Ink: Soft Suede, Pool Party, Calypso Coral
Accessories: Victoria Crochet Trim, Postage Stamp Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Circles Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Staples

From Millan.NetI must really be one of the "grown ups" now. I was at a family get together last night when my nephew comes up to me and says, "Yeah, I see you running across 11th Avenue all the time in the mornings. I keep thinking I should shout out and say, 'Hey! How's it goin'?' as you pass by ... but I don't wanna freak you out." Because we all KNOW I have an issue with falling down (if you have no clue to what I am referring, see THIS POST HERE)! Then, his darling wife (whom I happen to LOVE) leans in and says, "Yeah ... you wouldn't wanna startle an OLD PERSON while they are running!!" WHAT.THE.HECK??? (LOVE YOU, ALISON!) So ... I went home and licked my wounds for the rest of evening ... WHEN DID I GET TO BE ONE OF THE OLD PEOPLE???? Sigh ... I guess it happens ... but I'm ONLY 27!!!

Have a happy weekend!

 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

5 comments:

KOstvig said...

LOL...love the card...time to dig out my old colored staples...also Love Alison's...comment...glad shes there to keep you on your toes since I cant be....

Barb R. said...

Love this card! So many little details and different patterns that pull together beautifully!

Carol Carriveau said...

Your card is wonderful - great color combo! I am only a bit older than you are (30!) and sad to say we all hit that 'grown up' stage and are sometimes referred to as an 'old' person...enjoy it when you can! Remember that these young-ins will get there eventually...LOL!

Judy McMullen said...

Terrific card as usual, Wendy! You inspired me to use the staples with my punched butterflies...Thanks!!

Your comments about "being older" reminds me of a quote I read recently: "Inside every old person is a young person yelling 'What the hell happened!'"
From someone older than you I can verify this. LOL!!

Lynne said...

I love your card. I also remember the first time I fell "in slow motion" and watched the ground come up and my arms moved to slow to catch me. What a rude awakening! But life goes on and things could be alot worse (like when I fell and broke my femur) Have a happy and creative week.