Thursday, April 3, 2014

Chalkin' It Up!


I've had a few of these cute little chalkboards staring at me for MONTHS!! I have been ACHING to do something with at least ONE of them ... and I KNEW I wanted to incorporate something from MDS in some way with some chalk ... SOOOOO ... when I got home last night I somehow got a BEE in my bonnet and attacked one with GUSTO!! (You can't really tell from this photo, but as I was trying to take this photo, the grass was FROZEN OVER ... and the sky started dumping down SNOWFLAKES not long after I finished!!)

I used the "Off the Grid" stamp with some Whisper White Craft Ink to put this image on my little chalkboard ... then I used a little bit of the same ink on a sponge to "smudge" the edges to give it a more "chalky" look ... I thought that making the butterflies out of vellum was a better idea than making "colorful" ones ... they were such a fun compliment to the chalk!



This little "bloom" is from the Spring Break II digital download ... I pulled it into my eCutter software and set it all up to cut out on some vinyl ...

I used the "negative" image of my cutout to add to the chalkboard. I put the vinyl down on the chalkboard and then just colored the "spaces" in with my little piece of chalk. Peeled the vinyl pieces off and VOILA!! I have decided that I am going to use the rest of my little chalkboards to make a new one of these for each season as they come by ... SO much fun!!

Stamps: Off the Grid
Paper: Watercolor Wonder DSP, Vellum
Ink: Whisper White Craft
Accessories: Gold Sequin Trim, Tag a Bag Gift Boxes (mini clothespins), Blossom Party Bigz Die, Boho Blossom Punch, Itty Bitty Flower Punch, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Soft Subtles Candy Dots, eCutter (Silhouette), chalk, small chalkboard, vinyl
MDS Download: Spring Break II

By the end of the day (after having taken the photos) we had some BLUE in the sky and some SUNSHINE!! My body has NO idea what season we are in ... do ya think that by putting this little chalkboard up I can help straighten out Mother Nature??? Hoping so!!

 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

2 comments:

Tanya said...

This is so fun!! Yes, please, bring spring!! gotta love the month of snow-coat mornings, sandal afternoons....

Carol Carriveau said...

Very cute idea...love the gold trim! Had to look twice at your blog header as I knew it was your blog but you changed the header...loving it!