Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Make Your OWN!!

I have always had a "thing" for gingham ... ever since I was a little girl. It just seems to always be in style in some form or another (not dresses so much right now, as when I was young ... but in paper crafting it is HOT STUFF!)!!

This makes sample #4 that I am sharing from my Convention Display batch. The gingham in the background was made using the Stripes textured impressions embossing folder. I inked it up with a brayer (our stamp pads are so nice and juicy now, that you don't really need sticky "craft" ink); ran the piece of cardstock through my Big Shot inside the inked-up embossing folder; re-inked the embossing folder and rotated my already-striped piece of cardstock 90 degrees and ran it through the Big Shot again ... VOILA!!! Beautiful embossing gingham, people!! LOVELOVELOVE it!!

From Millan.NetGetting ready to head up into the mountains for a few lovely days of hiking and laughing with a fabulous bunch of girls from church (ages 12-17). All the prep we have done (the shopping, packing and running around) always pays off in the end, but I will be glad to be up in the mountains instead of at home RUNNING around like a chicken without a head!!!

I'll be back for "Fab Friday" in a couple of days (even though I will still be campin' with the bears and such, I will still post somethin' to share!)!! Be sure to come back and tune in!!

AND ... BIG NEWS ... the Artisan Design Team Finalists will be starting a blog hop on SATURDAY, AUGUST 10 at 7:00 PM MST!! We are sharing ALL of the wonderful creations we made as entries for this year's contest!! DON'T MISS IT!!

Stamps: Hello, Lovely
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Basic Black
Accessories:  Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Chevron Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Basic Black Chevron Ribbon, Essentials Hardware Clips, Paper Piercing Essentials Mat, Paper Piercing Tool, Brights Candy Dot

Share a hug with someone today ... you'll BOTH be happier for it!!
 photo blogsignatureSPRING2013_zpsac1608f2.png

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I love it! The technique and the use of the arrow clips and the chevron behind it all! :)