Friday, May 24, 2013

The Big Black Hole ...

This is where I have felt I have been ... swallowed into the Big Black Hole!!! First of all, our house has needed a paint job (VERYVERYBADLY!) for many years. Painters arrived a week ago Monday and were supposed to be done by last Thursday. Due to (a) crummy weather - rain, (b) crummy weather - high winds and (c) a crummy crew chief who stopped coming to work in the middle of our job (right about the time one of the company's brand-new-$800 paint sprayers disappeared), the painters are still plugging away ...

I've also had TONS of deadlines in the past two weeks ... and it was my baby girl's birthday yesterday (ok, she's really NOT a baby since she just turned 19) ... I haven't had much time to do any "extra" crafting lately, so not only do I feel like I've been LOST in the Big Black Hole, my craft room LOOKS like one!!

This card was created for today's Free for All Challenge over on SCS. I call it "Repeat After Me..." Basically, the idea is to add more than one of at least ONE element ... get it??? Repeated elements? I kinda went a little crazy with that ... repeated butterflies, repeated staples, repeated buttons. Ta-DAA!!  Going to send this as Card #9 in my "Cards for Crayton" Challenge ...

Have LOTS of family fun planned for the weekend, as it is the Memorial Day holiday here in the States. I went with my mom to put roses on Dad's grave yesterday ... and I'm going up again today to add some lovely daisies. Oh, how I miss that man ... love you, Dad!

TTFN, Friends!

Stamps: Ciao, Baby!
Paper: Strawberry Splash, Very Vanilla, Gingham Garden DSP
Ink: Island Indigo
Accessories: Elegant Butterfly Punch, Petite Butterfly Punch, Petitie Curly Label Punch, Not Quite Navy Taffeta Ribbon, Honeycomb Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Bold Brights Buttons, Staples

 photo blogsignatureSPRING2013_zpsac1608f2.png

2 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

ah! how upended you must be with painters in the house!! Hope it settles down soon..fun idea for a challenge!

Cindy said...

Ahhh, I LOVE this! Isn't the Gingham Garden DSP just the bee's knees??? I hear ya on the house paint, too. We bought the paint to do ours two years ago, and DH still hasn't gotten around to it. Maybe I need to threaten to pay someone....... :D